The Parkland Crisis Centre & Women’s Shelter has a mission to open doors of hope for women and children fleeing domestic abuse.
Through the provision of emergency shelter, counselling, education, and advocacy, we strive to empower abuse survivors to make positive life changes.
Our centre values the basic human right to freedom from physical, emotional, and sexual abuse, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, ability, or social status.
We are committed to ending the cycle of domestic abuse by providing alternatives to violent living.
The vision of the Parkland Crisis Centre is to deliver leading edge services to women and their children who are experiencing intimate partner abuse. The Parkland Crisis Centre is committed to empowering women by helping them make informed decisions.
- To provide 24 hour safe residential services for women and children fleeing intimate partner abuse
- To provide crisis intervention and immediate assistance through a regional toll free 24 hour telephone emergency service and a walk-in facility
- To build and maintain strong community connections that foster public awareness as well as partnerships for funding, resource support, service delivery and volunteerism
- Women should not be forced to remain in a violent or abusive environment due to a lack of safe alternatives
- Women have a right to be informed of alternatives and to make self-determined choices within the context of their own life situation
- Women have a right to receive services which are sensitive to and respect their cultural and linguistic heritage, religious beliefs and sexual orientation
- Children are entitled to receive shelter services and to exercise choices regarding program participation
- Services are provided in a supportive, respectful and non-judgemental environment
- Services are provided in a manner that respects women’s and their children’s confidentiality and the right to privacy
- Women and children are entitled to be informed of their rights and to participate in decisions affecting those rights